I am an educator, poet and writer. The power of words has always transformed the ways in which I think, learn and grow. Much of my writing is with my partner Jeanie Cockell. The trust, care and worthiness one must bring to co-authorship has taught me again and again what it means to undertake meaningful work.
Right now I have many projects on the go and some new projects on the horizon:
- Building Resilience with Appreciative Inquiry: A Leadership Journey through Hope, Despair, and Forgiveness is out in the market and being well received by leaders in all walks of life. It is a powerful and reflective commentary on leadership resilience and what it takes to lead in our complex world.
- Appreciative Inquiry in Higher Education: A Transformative Force which was published in 2012 is going strong and being used in settings from higher education to business.
- The web site poetry page is a work in progress so look for more postings soon. And, a book of poetry coming soon.
Selected Other Publications
- McArthur-Blair, J. & Cockell, J. (2015). Partnerships that matter: Results that count. In In Appreciative Inquiry Practitioner Journal, August 2015.
- McArthur-Blair, J. & Cockell, J. (2014). Hope, despair and forgiveness: The foundation of leadership resilience. In In Appreciative Inquiry Practitioner Journal, February 2014.
- McArthur-Blair, J. & Cockell, J. (2014). Graffiti paper: Co-created learning as spiritual space. In In Appreciative Inquiry Practitioner, November 2014.
- McArthur-Blair, J. & Cockell, J. (2013). Co-creating futures: Appreciative inquiry in learning and development. In Canadian Learning Journal: The Official Publication of the Canadian Society for Training and Development, Volume 17, Number 2, Fall 2013.
- McArthur-Blair, J. & Cockell, J. (2012). Inclusive spaces: Using appreciative processes to transform social structures. In Appreciative Inquiry Practitioner, August 2012.
- Shauna Butterwick, Jean Cockell, Joan McArthur Blair, Sandy McIvor, Jennifer Rodrigues (2012). Connectivity and Collectivity in a Doctoral Cohort Program: An Academic Memoir in Five Parts, Alberta Journal of Educational Research, Winter 2012.